Monday, April 15, 2013

Good night.

It's so quiet here.

It's blissful to sit alone and just enjoy the hum of silence, the fleeting shadows in the semi-dark, the thoughts that seep through a heavy, yet still, mind.

It's a small relief to let go, if only for a split second, of the worries that life push our way.

To sit in a corner with the breeze caressing me, and causing leaves to rustle, and to decidedly refuse to care what tomorrow may leave me to deal with.

I like the lack of fucks I give in this short-lived moment. This is a rare gift from life, this feeling of not caring, of hiding away all my fears and trepidations.

This heavy-hearted peace that comes with the momentary realisation that fret as much as I might, the troubles that are meant for me will come my way regardless. That I will just have to deal with it as best I can. And should I make the wrong choices, well, I'll just have to deal with it, again, as best I can.

And so this soul was at peace for the duration of less than a dozen heartbeats. Now the troubled mind awakens, and this tired self is left best asleep.

Good night, scary little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment